We are looking for a great Front-End / Web developer to join our team, who will have the chance to work on our amazing and innovative international projects. Do you love working with new web technologies and the creation of amazing web apps? Then you'll love this position!
- You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications and will have to deliver across the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, build, deploy, test, release, and support of web applications.
- Creating website responsive and/or adaptive layouts that have cross-browser compatibility by using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Develop and maintaining single-page applications.
- Work closely with our UI/UX design and back-end teams to build exceptional features and experiences.
- Build reusable code for future use and maintain our UI Kit libraries.
- Work with and consume from RESTful APIs
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and best practices.
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or a related subject
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent understanding of how JSON and RESTful APIs work
- Experience building the UI as well as business logic for single-page applications
- Experience working with large-scale SPAs, front-end build tools (e.g. Gulp, Grunt, Webpack)
- Experience in using CSS stylesheet languages (SASS)
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Experience with jQuery.
- Experienced with complex layouts, responsive design & flexbox, as well as understanding cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Knowledge of browser testing, debugging, benchmarking, and optimization.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to finish tasks on given deadlines
- Works as part of a team
- Fluent in English
The following will be considered a strong plus:
- Working experience with Vue.js and Vuex
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of SOAP/XML web services.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Understanding of modern UI/UX trends.
- Knowledge of Python / Django Framework
- Knowledge of relational DBMS and SQL
- Knowledge of Magento
- Good knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Fluent in Greek
Benefits - We offer a very competitive remuneration package which includes:
- Very competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Options for remote work
- Health and Life Insurance
- 21 Days Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- And many more...
Cocoon Creations is an equal opportunities employer